It’s been one of those days. Not a bad day, a “so glad I came to work kind of day”.
Blake, one of our trusted plant and nursery gurus around here, brought in these delicious Honeoye Strawberries…fresh from his garden. It’s one of the many advantages to working in this biz, taste testing.
Why do I like Honeoye Strawberries?
- They taste GREAT…sweet and juicy
- Excellent for freezing…jams and jellies too
- Good, reliable producers…nice sized berries
- Easy to grow…beds and containers
- June bearing…fruit ripens in June
- Cold hardy…perfect for our Midwest climate
Seeing that big bowl of red berries inspired me to make a classic summertime dessert to share with my fellow co-workers, Strawberry Shortcake. Oh, and not just the classic biscuit version, but my favorite, Lemon Poppy Seed Strawberry Shortcake.
And by the way, it’s not too late to share these little gems with your friends, family and co-workers. A fresh shipment of Honeyoe Strawberry plants will be shipping to your local Earl May Nursery & Garden Centers next week…the week of June 6.
For more tips and tricks to planting strawberries, download our How To Grow Strawberries pamphlet.